Pages

Monday 25 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 5 Activity 1

Summer Learning Journey Day 5 Activity 1
For this task I have to translate words into European words to Maori or the other way around.

Maori:Nau mai ki Aotearoa.

English:Welcome to New Zealand.

Maori:Ko Alice toku ingoa

English:Alice is my name 

Maori:He aha to ingoa?

English:What is your name?

Maori:He pai taku ki te takaro i te whutupaoro.

English:I like to play the whutuporo.

Maori: No hea koe?

English:Where do you come from?

3 comments:

  1. Hey there Alice, my name is Billy from the Summer Learning Journey. Thanks for completing another activity. I'm impressed with the way you have organised the translations here. It makes it really easy to follow and understand.

    Have you ever used Google Translate before? It's a wonderful tool.

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Billy.I really love Summer Learning Journey,I't is a wonderful site and I hope I get to use it next year.
      I have used Google Translate before,I't is really helpful because if you have a word or sentence that you don't know about you just use Google Translate to find out the word or sentence.

      Alice.

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Alice,

    Cadence here from the Summer Learning Journey team!
    Ka pai for correctly translating those phrases! You have displayed your writing really well too! This is great stuff!

    How did you find this task? Too easy, or just the right challenge?

    I can’t wait to read more of your blog posts!

    Cadence 😊

    ReplyDelete