Pages

Saturday 23 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey 2

Summer Learning Journey 2

Imagine that you were on board one of the wakas. On your blog, write a short letter to a friend telling them about your voyage to New Zealand. In the letter be sure to tell them how you feel about moving to a new country.I also have to write how I feel about moving to a new country.

Hi My Friend,How's it going? I have been sailing to a few places here and there,That's why I'm always wet and cold.I have been getting really sick because of all of that sailing in the cold air and the cold water.I just found out that I'm moving to New Zealand,I've just arrived to New Zealand.I't was a really good ride here,But I'm feeling really nervous about this new country.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alice,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team! It's great to see that you've been working your way through these activities. Well done!

    Good work with this letter. A lot of Maori settlers would have felt this way! It would have gotten very wet and very cold I think. What are some of the things the settlers would have seen when they got to New Zealand? I wonder if they saw amazing creatures or any other people.

    Have you ever been on a boat before? I have a few times but I always get sea sick so never really have any fun!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete