Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

In the Beggining | Summer Learning Journey

Summer Learning Journey | Task 1 | ( 4 points) 
This week for term 4, For the first task I have done, I had to read the first story/Legend about maui. For this task I had to read the story of Maui, Then go onto this New Zealand Site and chose our favourite facts on this site. North Island of New Zealand is sometimes referred to as Te Ika a Māui or ‘Māui’s fish’ and the South Island of New Zealand is sometimes referred to as Te Waka a Māui or ‘Māui’s canoe’.
My top 3 favourite were - Fact 6  Queen Elizabeth II is officially Queen of New Zealand, represented in the country by a Governor General
Fact 9. New Zealand is one of the world’s least populated countries with over 4 million populations.

Fact 1. The Maori name of New Zealand is Aotearoa which means the land of the long white cloud.
                                             




1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Alice,

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey! We are so happy to see that you will be blogging with us this summer. I am a part of the SLJ team and you will see me commenting on your posts over the summer.

    Thanks for sharing these great facts about New Zealand with me. I feel so lucky to live in such a beautiful country. Why do you think NZ is called 'the land of the long white cloud'?

    Keep up the awesome work.

    Talk soon,

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete